Deputy Medical Editor – part time
Does working for the leading medical publication in the southern hemisphere – The Medical Journal of Australia (MJA) – on a part time basis interest you?
Join our very professional and talented team. We are seeking to fill the Deputy Medical Editor role with a fully qualified Medical Practitioner seeking:
- To complement their clinical or research career with three full days of editing work;
- An opportunity to be involved with cutting edge medical research across a range of disciplines;
- To work with a very talented medical editorial team, including Professor Nick Talley as Editor in Chief, as well as other high profile clinicians and researchers from around Australia.
The Deputy Medical Editor will be involved in and have a responsibility for editorial processes of the MJA including: assessing manuscript submissions; facilitating the peer review process; commissioning contributions; liaising with authors and copy editors; writing for publication and also making a contribution to the evolution of the Journal.
The MJA team mostly work out of AMPCo’s Sydney CBD-based office (near Town Hall station). The role is a part-time, 3 days per week arrangement (must include either Monday or Wednesday – flexible with the other 2 days). While it is preferred that the successful applicant work out of AMPCo’s CBD office, a remote working arrangement may be considered.
To be successful you will:
- Be a degree qualified (minimum) medical practitioner with some clinical practice experience;
- Have experience in medical publishing, writing and editing. Experience in clinical research and/or biostatistics is highly desirable;
- Ideally have experience working with content and workflow management systems;
- Be able to make a strong contribution through applying your planning, organising, time management and communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
AMPCo (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian Medical Association) publishes the MJA and other products, owns the leading marketing database for the health care industry and also markets a range of complementary products.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and an up to date resume through SEEK. Remuneration for this position is in the range between $65,000 and $75,000 with the ultimate offer to be determined after assessment of relevant skills and experience. Closing Date for Applications – 23 March 2018.